Sondra Barrett, PhD
About the instructor
Dr. Barrett, former faculty at University of California Medical School (UCSF) and California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), with a Ph.D. in biochemistry and post-doctoral training in immunology, spent many years engaged in human cancer research at UCSF. Dr. Barrett interprets medical science into practical and easily accessible information for all learners. She has worked with children and adults challenging cancer as well as people with heart disease, and other chronic health conditions and knows the human side of healing from personal experience.
More details, visit my website.
On completing this program, the intent is that YOU WILL:
- Feel more in charge of your health and healing
- Better manage your challenges and stress
- Feel more optimism if dealing with chronic pain or illness
- Gain a new relationship with life and your body
- Be more able to be present, in the 'here and now'
Who is this for?
People challenged by a chronic illness or stress, health professionals, teachers, or people curious about the intersection of health, lifestyle and spirituality.
To contact Sondra: email@example.com
Not available for new enrollments. This 3 session Stress Less online course provides strategies, experiential knowledge and coaching to help you achieve success in diminishing unwanted chronic stress and enhancing your vitality. What strategies can you learn to keep you more in charge of your well-being? Discover how your cells, mind and body experience stress.
The 3 LessonsWhat IS Stress? Body and Mind
- Consequences of Chronic Stress
- On Energy, Mood, Relationships, Memory,Immune Health, and our Genes
- Vulnerability to infections and other health issues
- Strategies for Managing Stress
- Awareness – body clues
- The Breath, Qigong, and Sound
- Tension and consciousness
- Sensory conditioning - Anchors
- Helping the brain learn
- Letting Go -Disclosure
- Come to your senses
- Smart Goals, What’s Your Why
- Challenges and Connections
Enlivening The Present
- The biggest physical stressors: illness and pain
- Reprograming the brain to no pain
- Lessons from an illness or challenge
- What brings you into the NOW
- The Divine Threesomes
- Create a healing ritual
- What do you need to let go of
- Enlivening and pleasure
Each session will contain
- 1 video powerpoint of each lesson
- 1 additional video and audio guided visualization
- PDF overview of the lesson including suggested at home explorations.
- Each student also will receive one 30 minute coaching session with Dr. Barrett.
- INTRODUCTION to Less Stress Course
- REFLECTION 1 - What do you want to gain from this course FREE PREVIEW
- What do you do for Stress Relief now?
- Stress Less LESSON 1 VIDEO
- Feeling tension FREE PREVIEW
- Stress Less Lesson 1 Overview
- QiGong Logging On Lesson
- GRATITUDE AUDIO
- AUDIO OF STRESS Less LESSON 1 (audio content only)
- Overview Lesson 3 Less Stress to Enliven Your Life
- Video Lesson 3.1 Less Stress - Learning from illness and pain, a personal story
- Video Lesson 3.2 Less Stress Enlivening Life
- Letting Go of Pain FREE PREVIEW
- Guided visualization - Kiva
- Awakening Gratitude
- BONUS audio - Meeting your cells
- StressLess course evaluation