Sondra Barrett, PhD
About the instructor
Dr. Barrett, former faculty at University of California Medical School (UCSF) and California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), with a Ph.D. in biochemistry and post-doctoral training in immunology, spent many years engaged in human cancer research at UCSF. Dr. Barrett interprets medical science into practical and easily accessible information for all learners. She has worked with children and adults challenging cancer as well as people with heart disease, and other chronic health conditions and knows the human side of healing from personal experience.
More details, visit my website.
Who is this for?
- People wanting to know more about keeping themselves healthy,
- Those wanting practical health and healing strategies based in science or experience;
- People challenged by a chronic illness or stress;
- Health professionals, teachers, clergy and coaches;
- People curious about the intersection of life, cells, science and spirituality.
To contact Sondra: firstname.lastname@example.org
No longer available for new students.
With chronic stress, our energy gets depleted from our cells and brain. The result: we are more tired and fatigued; less able to think clearly; or relate well to other people. This can also make us more vulnerable to illness since we need molecular energy to repair, renew and replace damaged cells and tissues.
This short pilot course Stress Less for More Energy and Pleasure will provide you with proven strategies to become less stressed and more relaxed, which will generate more energy. You will also be introduced how all this works at a cellular and mind-body level. Discover simple ways to lessen your stress and feel a lot better. You will also discover how the brain changes (neuroplasticity) and use neuroplastic strategies to help lessen stress reactivity.
You can participate in this course live and/or access the video portion 24 hours after the live session. The live course occurs on Wed. Nov. 29, Dec. 6. and 13.
This course will help you feel more optimism, energy, and pleasure and transform how you experience each day.
The LIVE video portions will not be available until November 29, 2017 (Lesson 1), Dec.6 (Lesson 2), Dec. 13 (3rd lesson)
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use 7 stress-reducing strategies, which can reduce or prevent unnecessary stressful reactions
- Be more present, relaxed, and productive
- Have enhanced awareness of your body, mind, and cells.
- Experience more energy and pleasure
- Feel healthier
- Demonstrate 3 energy enhancing practices to maximize your energy and focus
- Appreciate how your cells and thoughts communicate plus how wise your cells are
This course will be taught on Zoom and will include:
- Live Powerpoint presentations
- Demonstrations and explanation of each practice
- Discussion and questions
- Weekly email Inspiration
Bonus materials include: PDF, video and audio files to enhance your learning experience at home.