Sondra Barrett, PhD
About the instructor
Dr. Barrett, former faculty at University of California Medical School (UCSF) and California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), with a Ph.D. in biochemistry and post-doctoral training in immunology, spent many years engaged in human cancer research at UCSF. She interprets medical science into practical and easily accessible information and skills for all learners. She has worked with children and adults challenging cancer as well as people with heart disease, and other chronic health conditions and knows the human side of healing from personal experience.
Who is this for?
- People wanting to know more about keeping themselves healthy,
- Those wanting practical health and healing strategies based in science or experience;
- People challenged by a chronic illness or stress;
- Health professionals, teachers, clergy and coaches;
- People curious about the intersection of life, cells, science and spirituality.
To contact Sondra: firstname.lastname@example.org
This 3 session course can be taken on your own time schedule and you may also connect with Dr. Barrett by emailing any questions. comments, etc. Private coaching sessions are also available to help you get your desired results.
This program takes you into understanding the biology and psychology of stress, simple skills for changing your stress reactivity and activate strategies for lessening pain, stress and enhancing your well-being. For more information
Tip: Your mind doesn’t know the difference between real or imagined stress.
Empower yourself by becoming aware of how your mind and imagination are taking you into or out of a stressful moment or two, or a stressful life. Are you in the future worrying about ”what if” or in the past ”if only”?
A health skill is to learn how to bring your awareness and mind into NOW—Be Present! Your stress response will mostly follow your thoughts. Your cells are always in the NOW. What takes them out of now is what you are thinking.
- INTRODUCTION to Lessen Stress Course FREE PREVIEW
- REFLECTION 1 - What do you want to gain from this course FREE PREVIEW
- What do you do for Stress Relief now?
- Lessen Stress LESSON 1 VIDEO FREE PREVIEW
- Feeling tension Audio guided embodiment FREE PREVIEW
- Lessen Stress Lesson 1 Overview FREE PREVIEW
- QiGong Logging On Instructions FREE PREVIEW
- GRATITUDE Meditation AUDIO FREE PREVIEW
- Why Awaken Gratitude? FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Introduction and Reflection Lessen Stress, Making Change
- Lessen Stress Lesson 2 video
- Lessen Stress Lesson 2 Overview and At Home Explorations
- Optional reading - Norman Doidge's book chapter: How the Brain Changes
- Audio Introduction to Qi Energy - Feeling your Qi
- Taoist Longevity Self Massage
- Overview Lesson 3 Lessen Stress to Activate Healing
- Video Lesson 3.1 Less Stress - Learning from illness and pain, a personal story
- Video Lesson 3.2 Less Stress Enhancing Your Healing Powers
- Letting Go of Pain
- Guided visualization - Kiva
- BONUS Guided Meditation - Meeting Your Cells
- Lessen Stress course evaluation