Sondra Barrett, PhD
About the instructor
Dr. Barrett, former faculty at University of California Medical School (UCSF) and California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), with a Ph.D. in biochemistry and post-doctoral training in immunology, spent many years engaged in human cancer research at UCSF. Dr. Barrett interprets medical science into practical and easily accessible information for all learners. She has worked with children and adults challenging cancer as well as people with heart disease, and other chronic health conditions and knows the human side of healing from personal experience.
More details, visit my website.
On completing this program, the intent is that YOU WILL:
- Feel more in charge of your health and healing
- Better manage your challenges and stress
- Feel more optimism if dealing with chronic pain or illness
- Gain a new relationship with life and your body
- Be more able to be present, in the 'here and now'
Who is this for?
People challenged by a chronic illness or stress, health professionals, teachers, or people curious about the intersection of health, lifestyle and spirituality.
To contact Sondra: firstname.lastname@example.org
This 3 session on-demand course with optional individual coaching sessions to help guide you to success.
This program takes you into understanding the biology and psychology of stress, how to change your cells and brain and activate strategies for lessening pain, stress reactivity and enhancing your well-being.
- INTRODUCTION to Lessen Stress Course
- REFLECTION 1 - What do you want to gain from this course
- What do you do for Stress Relief now?
- Lessen Stress LESSON 1 VIDEO
- Feeling tension Audio guided embodiment
- Lessen Stress Lesson 1 Overview
- QiGong Logging On Instructions
- GRATITUDE Meditation AUDIO
- Why Awaken Gratitude?
- Lesson 2 - Introduction and Reflection Lessen Stress, Making Change
- Lessen Stress Lesson 2 video
- Lessen Stress Lesson 2 Overview and At Home Explorations
- Optional reading - Norman Doidge's book chapter: How the Brain Changes
- Audio Introduction to Qi Energy - Feeling your Qi
- Taoist Longevity Self Massage
- Overview Lesson 3 Lessen Stress to Activate Healing
- Video Lesson 3.1 Less Stress - Learning from illness and pain, a personal story
- Video Lesson 3.2 Less Stress Enhancing Your Healing Powers
- Letting Go of Pain
- Guided visualization - Kiva
- BONUS Guided Meditation - Meeting Your Cells
- Lessen Stress course evaluation