Sondra Barrett, PhD
About the instructor
Dr. Barrett, former faculty at University of California Medical School (UCSF) and California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), with a Ph.D. in biochemistry and post-doctoral training in immunology, spent many years engaged in human cancer research at UCSF. Dr. Barrett interprets medical science into practical and easily accessible information for all learners. She has worked with children and adults challenging cancer as well as people with heart disease, and other chronic health conditions and knows the human side of healing from personal experience.
More details, visit my website.
Who is this for?
- People wanting to know more about keeping themselves healthy,
- Those wanting practical health and healing strategies based in science or experience;
- People challenged by a chronic illness or stress;
- Health professionals, teachers, clergy and coaches;
- People curious about the intersection of life, cells, science and spirituality.
Did you know that you are a trillion-celled universe? Our cells live in communities cooperating with each other, living and dying without our awareness. Only two kinds of cells live with us over our lifetime, our neurons and heart muscle. So we learn ways to enhance our brain and heart to keep them healthy.
All of our cells share an intelligence that keeps us alive. Discover what you can do to engage with your cells to help them and you thrive. You will learn how to be in partnership with your cells in this online course. Blending biology, bodymind health and experiential activities you will learn how to engage with the innate and sacred wisdom of your cellular life. We explore how we and our cells communicate, what stresses them, how to lessen that stress and better manage life’s challenges. Our cells’ unique architectural design – the connective cytoskeleton of tubes and strings – provides a tangible place where energy, vibration, sound and movement activate cell functions, inner wisdom, and gene expression.
We activate our knowledge, memory and sense of wellbeing when we can embody and make tangible the intelligence of our cells. We will work with sound, the imagination, creativity and the senses.
There will be a minimum of 4 videos, 4 audios plus a Qigong video to learn from. In addition there will be downloadable handouts and summaries of the content to support your journey. We will have a private Facebook page to continue our discussions and collaboration. Think of this as an online learning circle/tribe.
The intent of this course is to provide you with these benefits:
- · Fall in love with your cells and gain a whole new relationship with your body
- · Better manage your challenges and stress responses
- · Experience effective healing strategies using sound, qigong and guided shamanic imagery
- · Use your senses to instill new habits, change behaviors, and cell memory
- · Feel more gratitude for life, your cells, and your inner wisdom
Module 1. From Cell to Self: I Am Sanctuary
Module 2. Identity and Energy: Cells are always in the NOW
Module 3. How Cells Learn & Network: Senses and the Brain
Module 4. Guardians of Our Genes and Molecular Mythic Legacies